FARLAB @ UiB
FARLAB is a state of the art lab for analyzing oxygen, nitrogen and carbon isotopes in geological and biological samples.
The available equipment includes:
One ThermoFinnigan MAT253 IRMS with attached Kiel IV carbonate preparation device optimized for small sample analyses of oxygen and carbon isotopes in carbonates.
One ThermoFinnigan Delta V IRMS coupled to 1) a Gasbench II, on-line preparation and introduction system for water samples and carbonates, 2) a Flash Elemental Analyzer for analyzing nitrogen and carbon isotopes in solids, and 3) a Trace GC for compound specific isotope ratio analysis of gasses.
One ThermoFinnigan MAT 252 with a Kiel III carbonate preparation device attached for analyses of carbon and oxygen isotopes in carbonates
Additional equipment includes Two Mettler MX5 micro balances with one micrgram readability and two ultrasonic baths.
- Scientific responsible: Professor Ulysses Ninnemann
- Scientific responsible: Dr. Anna Nele Meckler
- Scientific responsible: Assoc. Prof. Harald Sodemann
- Senior Engineer: Dr. Pål Tore Mørkved
- Chief Engineer: Dr. Enver Alagoz
- Research technician: Rune E. Søraas
This laboratory is located in Allégaten 41, 5th floor (GEO).