How to use ERDDAP web pages
ERDDAP's users can:
- access to the list of all datasets available through this ERDDAP server
- access to the list of datasets by type (grid, tabular,..)
But as user you probably don't want to use all datasets and you surely don't want to look in all of them to find which ones have the data you are interesting in.
ERDDAP comes with several way to select datasets:
- Full text search (Google-like search of the datasets' metadata)
- Category search
- Advanced search
How to use Full text search
This is a Google-like search of the datasets' metadata:
- Type the words you want to search for, with spaces between the words. ERDDAP will search for the words separately, not as a phrase.
- To search for a phrase, put double quotes around the phrase (for example, "wind speed").
- To exclude datasets with a specific word, use -excludedWord .
- To exclude datasets with a specific phrase, use -"excluded phrase" .
- Don't use AND between search terms. It is implied. The results will include only the datasets that have all of the specified words and phrases (and none of the excluded words and phrases) in the dataset's metadata (data about the dataset).
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- To search for specific attribute values, use attName=attValue .
- To find just grid or just table datasets, include protocol=griddap or protocol=tabledap in your search.
- This ERDDAP is using searchEngine=original.
- In this ERDDAP, you can search for any part of a word. For example, searching for spee will find datasets with speed and datasets with WindSpeed.
- In this ERDDAP, the last word in a phrase may be a partial word. For example, to find datasets from a specific website (usually the start of the datasetID), include (for example) "datasetID=erd" in your search.