ResClim Bergen subgroup
For discussion, problem solving, socializing etc.
8th of May 2013 - 15:00 - Kick off - Helland Hansen at GFI
- Why are we here: short introduction to the idea (by Aleksi)
- Discussion (maybe divide into subgroups, depending on the number of people)
- Should there be two separate groups for PhD's and Post Docs
- A: Yes, two groups with partly joint meetings
- Should we just divide immediately, if we think this is the case?
- Who should be involved? (whole BCCR community?)
- A: Yes, this should be ResClim subgroup involving all the ResClim students in Bergen
- What kind of format should we have?
- Presentations, problem solving events, 'what went wrong' -presentations, brainstorming events?
- All these are good ideas, it was decided that the next meeting will be a brainstorming event
- Role of the webpage: gather information about all the practicalities (put the 'How to survive' -file from the old PhD forum online)
- Core group?
- Since nothing works without responsible persons we should probably decide who want to be in charge of organizing meetings etc. Maybe these persons could use their 25% duty for this work...
- A: We decided that the we will choose a person responsible for sending around emails every time
- Next 'meeting'
- Brainstorming event and beer afterwards, 4th of July