My Space - Forums - administration
Forums enable communication between staff and students or just between students.
All members of a class or community can take part in the discussion and respond to contributions from other members.
- Forums are created from the Admin-page by clicking the link "New Forum" under Forums
- Fill in the required fields marked with "(required)":
- Presentation (with threads or flat; this influences how contributions are shown)
- Posting Policy:
- Open (default choice; allows all members of the class or community to post and have posts appear immediately)
- Moderated (means that posts must be approved by a moderator (Administrator) before others can see them)
- Closed (only administrators can post something)
- Users can start new threads (yes or no)
- Note: When adding a forum one is responsible for keeping the content within the scope of professional and pedagogical activity
- Click "OK"
- Anyone can choose to receive an e-mail notification when new contributions are posted.
- To receive notifications, click on the Forum and then on "Request e-mail notification for [Forum Name]".
- Choose the notification interval (instant, hourly or daily) and click "OK".
- To change the notification setting, click on the forum and then on "Unsubscribe e-mail notification for [Forum Name]".
- You can edit all your e-mail notifications from the "Control Panel" by clicking on "Manage your notifications".