My Space - Information pages - administration
- Information Pages is a module that provides flexible opportunities for adding graphic elements such as images, as well as texts etc.
- The editing is done in a simple HTML editor.
- When new versions of a page is created, a backup copy is made of the previous version, which makes it possible to access previous versions of the page.
- Information pages can be used in several different ways. It may be well-suited to information at faculty or department level (communities).
- In order to use Information Pages for a class or subgroup, it must first be added in the same way as other applets.
Add a new page (tab):
- Go to the Admin page
- Click on "Administer Information Pages".
- Then select "Create a new Information page".
- Note: The first page you create will be the main page.
- Then you must specify the "Page name" (it will be part of the URL. So it cannot contain the letters ‘æ’, ‘ø’ or ‘å’ or spaces between letters) and the "Page title" (Page title is shown in the tab = the name of the page)
- Click on "Submit" to create the page
- Add content to the Information page by clicking "Edit" on the right hand side of the Content row.
- You edit text and images using the HTML editor which appears.
- If you are going to add an image, click on the image icon.
- Images you want to use must already be available on the internet, and you add an image by specifying the address of the image.
- You find the address of an image by right clicking on the image, select properties. Location = the address of the image.
- Click "OK" to save the page.
- Under "Publishing options" you can choose to publish, preview or view revision versions of the page
- Publish the page by clicking "Commit your work". This makes the page visible to all members of the class/community.
- Each time a page is edited you must click "Commit your work" for the changes to be visible.
- If you create more than one page they will be organised under clickable tabs.
- An "Edit this page" link is displayed for administrators at the bottom right of the information pages. It will take you straight to administration of the page so you can edit the content.