My Space - Resources from RSS - administration
- An applet in which administrators can enter RSS feeds for a class/subgroup which retrieves information from other websites and displays it in a portlet in the subgroup or class.
- In order to use Resources from RSS for a class or subgroup, it must first be added in the same way as other applets:
Add a new Resource (RSS feed):
- Click the Admin tab for the class/Community and then "Manage subscriptions" under "Resources from RSS”.
- Write in the URL for an XML news feed which you wish to subscribe to or select a feed the system already knows by selecting them from the dropdown menu "Feed".
- Click the "Add" button. (the RSS address for bt.no, for example, looks like this: http://www.bt.no/rss).
- You can specify how many feeds are to be shown for each resource by updating the column "Number of items"
- By editing the column "Titles only?" you can switch between showing only the headings and showing the heading with some of the first text in the feed.