My Space - Surveys - administration
Create a new survey in the class
Can be used, among other things, for the assessment of tuition.
- Via Admin, select Manage Applets
- Under ”Applets To Add”, select Survey [ add ]
- Return to Admin, and Survey Administration
- Select ”New Survey”
- Choose whether the survey is to be general or anonymised
- Enter the name and describe the survey Click OK (+ confirm)
- Enter a question number 1
- Select presentation type (choose between checkboxes, radio buttons, free text etc.)
- Decide whether the question is required. Required: Yes/No
- Depending on the presentation type, enter ”Valid Responses”
- Select Presentation Alignment.
- Click OK
You can enter an unlimited number of questions.
NOTE: To make the survey available to users, you must select ”enable”/”disable”.
The administration of surveys (edit, see results, copying of surveys etc.) is done via the Admin-page in Survey Administration.
It is also possible to create a new survey in the class/ community via the “New Survey” link at the bottom of the “Surveys” portlet or via the Admin-page.
Displaying the answers:
- The total registered answers for a survey is shown in the administration page for the survey.
- You will not be able to export data or view the results while an anonymous survey is active/in progress.
- Deactivate the survey when it is completed.
- Select "Summary".
- In order to view the free text answers, you can select ”View free text answers”.
- Click “Conceal free text answers” to return to the normal view.
Open the results of a survey in another program:
The results of the survey will open in columns in Excel (or another program of your choosing) when you click ”CSV file”.
If it is a problem that the results do not open automatically in columns in, for example, Excel when you click “CSV file”, this can be fixed by changing a setting on your PC. Do as follows:
- Go to the START menu (bottom left)
- Select Settings
- Select Control Panel
- Select Regional and Language Options
- Under ”Regional Options”
- Select for example ”English (United Kingdom)”. (Norwegian will not work).
- Click ”OK”
Sending email in connection with a survey:
You can send an email about a survey to the following groups of persons:
- Everyone who can take part in the survey
- Students who can take part in the survey
- Everyone who has yet to take part in the survey
- Students have yet to take part in the survey
- Everyone who has already taken part in the survey
This is how to do it:
- Access the survey you wish to send an email about.
- Go to Administration of the survey.
- In the email option: Select “Send bulk mail”
- Check the correct group of recipients
- The title will automatically be the name of the survey, but it can be changed.
- Enter your message.
- The email will be sent immediately when you click ”OK”.
Copy a survey to another class/community
- You can copy a survey to another class or community in My space
- You have to be have admin rights for both the class/community you move it from and to.
- Note that you will not be able to kopy the survey directly from a class/community to a subgroup of this class/community.